Our Vision and Values
Healthy Children, Healthy Families, Healthy Communities.
CMCP is committed to creating more opportunities and offering free, quality programs for children, parents and caregivers in our communities that make families strong and give kids the best start in life. With a focus on increasing access for vulnerable families, CMCP will grow and adapt to ensure we continue building meaningful connections that contribute to the well-being of our communities.
In partnership with families and the community, we provide safe, stimulating learning environments and opportunities for children, parents and caregivers. CMCP is an open, collaborative organization that values and respects the unique needs and strengths of all families.
- Welcomes all families
- Recognizes that all families deserve support
- Promotes wellness, prevention, and strong family communities
- Values and encourages peer support, equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Champions volunteer participation
- Improves its practices by constantly reflecting on their impact.
How CMCP brings our values to life
- Welcome all families regardless of socio-economic background, family make-up, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, language, or special needs.
- Can connect with you in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Somali, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu, Italian and more.
- Promote mental and physical health, wellness, safety, peace and accessibility.
- Go the extra mile to support families and make them feel at home.
- Affirm that parenting is a life-long learning process.
- Value our passionate, dedicated and hard-working staff, volunteers and participants.
- Respect the environment we all share.
- Encourage mutual assistance and peer support.
- Frequently re-evaluate our programs and environments to meet everyone’s changing needs.
- Follow the Guiding Principles of Family Support Programs from Family Resource Programs Canada.