Programs and Services
Play and Learn Drop-In
Parents, caregivers and children are welcome to drop in to our program and enjoy our friendly atmosphere.
This is a community-based program, designed and planned to facilitate family support and provide a place where children, families and caregivers can interact, learn and play together. Here, children have the opportunity to engage in many structured, open-ended, play-based activities, while families have a chance to expand their social support networks and strengthen their parenting and caregiving skills. Please see the list below for the services we offer during our drop-in.
“Friendly, warm, staff. Age/developmentally appropriate children’s activities – SUPERB! EXCELLENT! Met other parents who are now some of my best friends.
– Nga, CMCP participant
Family support and education:
- Families can informally discuss a variety of relevant subjects regarding child rearing and child development.
- Our staff and/or one of our many community partners facilitate discussions.
- Participants are asked to inform us which topics they desire most.
- Families connect with staff, volunteers and other families on an ongoing basis.
- Information and resources are shared and mutual peer support is developed.
Information and referral services
Parent relief and occasional/emergency childcare, and
- Nurturing Development
- Young Parents Connect
- School Readiness
- Community Kitchen
- Mat Chats
- Participant Breakfast Meetings
- Summer Parks Program
“It is a warm, welcoming environment. The staff are always willing to help new parents. It is a great place to create a support network.”
– Daniel, CMCP participant
Workshops and support groups
At various times of the year, we offer a range of evidence-based workshops in health and nutrition, positive behaviour guidance and child development in collaboration with our community partners. Here are some examples:
- Living and Learning with Baby
- Make the Connection (0 to 24 months)
- Rainbow Fun
- Family Math
- Family Literacy
- Parenting groups in Portuguese, Chinese and English
- Nobody’s Perfect
- Kids Have Stress Too
- Caregiver Training
- Peer Nutrition Program
- Relaxation and Stress Management for Adults
For dates, times and locations, see our Calendar or call us at 416-532-9485, extension 221.
“This is a place where families can come and play together, learn and participate in workshops and meet other parents, friendly staff – a great community resource.”
– Charlissa, CMCP participant
“CMCP is where I learned how to be a dad.”
– Steve, CMCP participant