Infant Drop In – Father or (Parent’s) Day Cards
2:15-2:45 Circle Time
2:45-3:30: For this art activity, we will encourage baby towards creative expression, using chalk, crayons, markers and even finger paint to “make their mark” all in the name of that special parent we will be celebrating on June 20th. – Register with us to receive a kit full of fun infant activity supplies that include the materials needed for this activity.
Here is a recipe for homemade paint:
Homemade Finger Paint
You will need: ½ cup flour, 1 cup water, ¼ cup fine table salt, and a wee bit of liquid tempera or food colour (don’t forget – food colour can stain skin and other surfaces)
1. Combine flour, salt, and 1 cup water in sauce pan.
2. Heat flour/water while whisking. The mixture will be clumpy, then smooth, then thicken into a paste.
3. Once it has become thick and pasty, remove from heat.
4. Whisk in cold water a few tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached.
5. Color with food coloring or tempera paint colors.
6. Allow to cool completely, then paint!
3:30-4:30: informal chats and social time