We support families through our Free Programs that unite the community.
Check our Program Calendars for dates, times and location or call us at 416.532.8100
“The friendly environment and staff. Interaction between babies, kids and staff is fantastic. I believe the centre has helped my baby develop social and play skills. I feel it is an irreplaceable resource. What a wonderful program.”
– Patricia, CMCP participant
Give your kids the best possible start in life – and have fun together!
Learn more about our Play and Learn family drop-ins, ongoing programs, workshops and support groups.
Play and Learn Drop-In
Parents, caregivers and children are welcome to drop in to our program and enjoy our friendly atmosphere.
This is a community-based program, designed and planned to facilitate family support and provide a place where children, families and caregivers can interact, learn and play together. Here, children have the opportunity to engage in many structured, open-ended, play-based activities, while families have a chance to expand their social support networks and strengthen their parenting and caregiving skills. Please see the list below for the services we offer during our drop-in.
“Friendly, warm, staff. Age/developmentally appropriate children’s activities – SUPERB! EXCELLENT! Met other parents who are now some of my best friends.
– Nga, CMCP participant
Family support and education:
- Families can informally discuss a variety of relevant subjects regarding child rearing and child development.
- Our staff and/or one of our many community partners facilitate discussions.
- Participants are asked to inform us which topics they desire most.
- Families connect with staff, volunteers and other families on an ongoing basis.
- Information and resources are shared and mutual peer support is developed.
Information and referral services
Parent relief and occasional/emergency childcare, and
- Nurturing Development
- Early Abilities Speech and Language Program
- Young Parents Connect
- School Readiness
- Community Kitchen
- Mat Chats
- Participant Breakfast Meetings
- Dad’s Drop-in
- Summer Parks Program
“It is a warm, welcoming environment. The staff are always willing to help new parents. It is a great place to create a support network.”
– Daniel, CMCP participant
Workshops and support groups
At various times of the year, we offer a range of evidence-based workshops in health and nutrition, positive behaviour guidance and child development in collaboration with our community partners. Here are some examples:
- Living and Learning with Baby
- Make the Connection (0 to 24 months)
- Rainbow Fun
- Family Math
- Family Literacy
- Parenting groups in Portuguese, Chinese and English
- Nobody’s Perfect
- Kids Have Stress Too
- Caregiver Training
- Peer Nutrition Program
- Relaxation and Stress Management for Adults
For dates, times and locations, see our Calendar or call us at 416-532-9485, extension 221.
“This is a place where families can come and play together, learn and participate in workshops and meet other parents, friendly staff – a great community resource.”
– Charlissa, CMCP participant
“CMCP is where I learned how to be a dad.”
– Steve, CMCP participant